Monday, February 1, 2016

My spin on Eggs Benny

Breakfast and Brunch are one of our favorite meals around here.  Thought I would share my spin on Eggs Benedict with you today.  I was wanting to use up some left over chicken and kinda made this recipe up as I went along.  Then I tweaked it a little bit and had company over!!  Yikes, thankfully, everyone seemed to enjoy the dish!


I started with parmesan garlic toast and added layers of goodness.
Grilled chicken, you could use poached eggs or a fried egg, both on the
over easy side, bacon,  fried mushrooms, onion and just before serving put fresh
spinach in the pan with the onions and mushrooms.  Top with a hollandaise
sauce and some paprika.  Enjoy!  

I made these up a wee bit ahead of time so that they would be ready when our
friends arrived.  In a warmed oven, the over easy eggs will not be over cooked.
I just placed all the assembled layers of bread in a glass baking dish and
they seemed to be just right when served.  There were a few slices left over and
they tasted great the next day.

Do you have a favorite brunch dish?

Sharing at :






6 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

Yummy!! They look and sound so delicious. I've never made eggs benny but our son-in-law makes some really good basic ones. Have a great week Dawna.

Pamela Gordon said...

I forgot to add that our favourite Sunday brunch is scrambled eggs, often with onion, mushrooms, green peppers or shredded cheese added. Tea and toast with jam or marmalade too! :)

Amy at love made my home said...

Sounds delicious!! Isn't it amazing how some of the best meals are the ones that you make up! xx

Lorrie said...

Mmm. This looks and sounds delicious, Dawna! I like an omelette with lots of cheese and vegetables and bacon on the side. You're making me hungry.

Vee said...

Very creative, Dawna! It sounds so delicious.

A Joyful Cottage said...

Yum! Eggs Benedict are my favorite brunch dish. Yours looks superb, Dawna! xo ~ Nancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...