Monday, November 28, 2011

Kitchen Mantel ready for Winter

This is the first Christmas with our new kitchen...and I have a mantel to decorate!!  Hard to believe that it will soon be a year ago that we tackled our kitchen reno. Here are a few more shots of my "winter decor" that I have in the kitchen.   The rest of my Christmas decorating is pretty much complete, so will post some of that later.   I know alot of you are busy decorating your homes as well for the holidays.  What are some of your special traditions, things your family looks forward to? The other day when I was decorating the tree  I was talking to Ben on the phone.  He said to be sure to leave his ornament out for him to place on the tree when he gets home.....made me miss him  :)

The wreath is a wee bit small, but it was light in weight and I could use
sticky tack to hold it in place.   Darrell's first question when he saw the wreath...
"How is that wreath staying there?!!"


The "word" tree was originally gold, but Darrell spray painted it silver for me.
The sparkly reindeer are popular this year I've noticed.


Old jars and insulators make good candle holders...






Darrell and I went to see "Sarah's Key" at the movie theatre tonight.  Have any of you read the book?  It is a very good book and the movie did not disappoint either!  I won't give the story away, but highly recommend it.  Funny story at the movie theatre though....we were sitting at the back and 2 young guys we know from Hanna slid in the row ahead of us!  They thought there was a different movie playing!!  So we gave them a hard time ......they did stay until the end of it and hey..maybe they learnt some history as well!  They were standing in line to get in and were wondering why there were so many "older ladies"in line!

Linking to:



9 comments:

Nann said...

Love your mantle and using mason jars as candle holders. Never thought of that before,..in that way. Very clever. You have a delightful blog here and I'm glad I came. I'm a brand new blogger and found you through Debbie Doo. I want to come back often.

Gina said...

Your kitchen mantel is beautiful. I mean, it's beautiful on it's own and now that you've added Christmas to it, it's even moreso!

I love the simplicity of the canning jars for candle holders. I don't know why I never thought of doing that. I also love the sparkle of the tree & reindeer.
Very nicely put together, Dawna.

Pamela Gordon said...

Your mantle looks beautiful! I have decorated my new shelf above the kitchen window but am not happy with it. I may 'borrow' some of your ideas. :) The word tree is very pretty. Blessings,
Pamela

Patty Marker said...

Your mantle looks beautiful. I love that word tree and the reindeer. You have inspired me to use my jars with candles in the lids...very clever. I love your blog. Patty

Estelle Grace Tudor said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love the idea of the candles on top of the jars - fab! x

Kim said...

Swooning over that kitchen Dawna! I would love to have a mantle over the stove to decorate. So many possibilities!! Lucky girl!
xoxo,
Kim

Tonya @ Love of Family And Home said...

Very cute!! Great idea to use the jars as candle holders!! I would have never thought of that!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!!! I want to move to the country now!!! ;)
I love the colors & clear jars with the candels on top! KAUUUTEEE!



Marisa's Blog

Thank you for the inspiration!
Marisa

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!!! I want to move to the country now!!! ;)
I love the colors & clear jars with the candels on top! KAUUUTEEE!



Marisa's Blog

Thank you for the inspiration!
Marisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...