Saturday, November 8, 2014

Photo Challenge - TREES

Time for another photo challenge over at Donna's, be sure to check out the other people who are sharing their photos this week!

I really like trees and I guess since I have grown up on the prairies, I really like "lone trees" against the vast prairie sky. 

Most of the trees are bare as we have had some strong winds.  We got some fall clean up done with raking leaves up.  I don't really like the bare landscape, and look forward to some snow to cover up the drab colors.  Although, in Souther Alberta we don't seem to get as much snow.

This was one of my favorite shots just taken with my Iphone.
This row of trees is on the grounds of the community college.






This is a tree in our yard, i took this shot last winter.



Collage made in Picmonkey


This little tree, which is a sour cherry tree of some sort, was the last to have its leaves change color.
It was a foggy morning when I took this picture, just a few days ago.



This is the same little tree in a photo I took last year.
Had some fun editing it in Picmonkey




There is a coulee just a mile or so from our property.  This lone tree stands on the edge of it.
Oh how I would love to have a house built on the edge of this coulee!

Here it is right out of the camera



And with some editing fun







I even brought some of Mother Natures color into my kitchen this year.






Have a great week end everyone and be sure to check out the other pictures at the party.



12 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Nifty trees. Love the way you changed up that one photo with some editing. Also the almost bare tree against the sky. I love all trees and all photos - so good to see some from such a different climate than ours - which is sometimes referred to as the Pacific Northwest Rain Forest.

Pamela Gordon said...

Dawna, your tree photos, collages and edits are all very pretty. My favourites are the one on the community college campus and the lone tree on the coulee. Beautiful!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How beautiful to see the trees in different seasons. And I love the collages you put together! Very pretty!

Donna said...

What a fun and beautiful assortment of tree photos! I am quite fond of lone tree scenes, and you are so lucky to know where there are some! The light on that tree on the coulee is spectacular. And the hanging leaves at the end gave me a giggle. Great job with the challenge, Dawna!

Lorrie said...

Really beautiful tree shots. I like the first one with the row of trees marching along the sidewalk/street. The one with the lone tree against that wonderful prairie blue sky is probably the most stunning!

bj said...

I love all your beautiful trees..and your collages are wonderful.

Jackie said...

The row of trees is amazing! So pretty. I love the winter tree, it really is stark looking, as is the lone tree in a warmer way. Thanks for sharing these. :)

Amy at love made my home said...

Your trees are all beautiful, especially the row in the college. xx

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

The row of trees at the college is stunning and of great quality from a phone.

Cheryl said...

I, too, love the row of trees dressed in their autumn yellow! Beautiful! I also liked the capture of the morning fog. You have a lovely collection of tree photos here!

Egléa Senna Bordados said...

Ohhhh.... Gosto muito das suas fotos e das edições que você fez. Parabéns!
Um abraço!

Ohhhh .... I like your photos and the edits you've made. Congratulations!
Hugs!

Judy said...

Just beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...