Saturday, January 31, 2015

After 20 years there is still hope for this project!

Remember when cross stitch was all the rage!  I did my share of stitchin back in the 1980's and most all my little projects were gifts that I gave away.  However, this sampler  has been a favorite and is so so close to being finished that after 20 years there may still be hope for it!!






It is a snowy day. perfect for just spending a day cozied up in the house.
In fact, I am still in my pjs!  Darrell is working on the faux barn board wall for the basement.
I am just listening to music and getting some stitchin done, reading some blogs and having a relaxing day.  Hope your week end goes well and that you are maybe getting some long over due projects done as well.   Also, wondering if anyone has read any good books lately??  Thanks for sharing if you have.




11 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

That is a sweet cross stitch Dawna. I haven't done any for years either. I can't hold a needle between my thumb and pointer finger anymore for some reason. The grip isn't there. We had another bad snowstorm here today so I didn't do much other than laundry and some housework. I got a blogpost ready to publish this evening too. I find I'm not reading much lately as I spend so much time reading blogs. Bad!! Have a good evening.

Gina said...

What a great cross stitch pattern! You may as well take the time & finish it up after all these years. I do remember my oldest sister cross stitching all the time in the 80s.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Lorrie said...

Cross stitch seems to be making a bit of a comeback. Your project looks great and I hope you've enjoyed working on it while the snow falls.

Lorrie said...

Cross stitch seems to be making a bit of a comeback. Your project looks great and I hope you've enjoyed working on it while the snow falls.

Amy at love made my home said...

Your cross stitch is lovely. I hope you enjoy finishing it! xx

A Joyful Cottage said...

Oh, I used to spend hours and hours cross stitching in the late 80's, early 90's. I've actually thought about taking it up again to make samplers. Just something to work on in the evening when we're relaxing or watching a movie. Your cross stitch is adorable, Dawna. Have fun!

Kim said...

I loved cross stitching!! When I was pregnant with my first, I started a cross stitch blanket, but I never finished it! Maybe for the grandkids!! ;)

Blondie's Journal said...

Hi Dawna!

I just found your blog! This post really made me smile, stitching was something I did so much of in the 1980-90's. I did countless counted crosstitch projects and then I moved on the stamped cross stitch, I like the samplers. I believe most everything is packed up somewhere.

I enjoyed the pictures of your kitchen. That's a great space to get together with family and do some fun things, especially the traditional ones! :)

Jane x

Decor To Adore said...

Oh yes! You must finish it. You are SO close.

Have a beautiful day dear one!

Judy said...

I'm smiling as I think of a needlework project that I left unfinished some three decades ago...and is still waiting. :)

Vee said...

Did you finish? I hope so. Great satisfaction comes from completing projects. I gave cross-stitch the best years of my sight and won't be doing it again, but I love to see it and I hope that it is making a comeback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...