Friday, October 7, 2011

Kitchen Roomspiration Bloghop>


It is the last day of the Roomspiration Blog hop that has been going on.  I shared my craft room and my niece's bedroom makeover  in some previous posts, and today it is time for the KITCHEN blog hop.  I just love seeing what other people do with kitchen spaces!  White and modern country is the taste I think I have FINALLY arrived at!!  It can be a process sometimes to find your decorating style, and my hubby doubts me that I will {never} want to change anything in our favorite kitchen space!  but I think he is wrong,,,,I absolutely love our new kitchen!!

A little autumn welcome to you...









You can read all about our kitchen reno here....

Before




After


This project really started with the idea to remove the chimney that was no longer needed to give us more space on the wall with the appliances.  Every little bit of space helps when you have a small house!


Imagine the breakfast bar in place where the tile and hardwood met, with taking that out and running an island the other way we were able to really open up this part of the house and have the kitchen feel alot bigger as well.


Great plans for this wall!!


After!






Love my pot filler behind the stove top!


Moving the microwave into the island allowed us to do the range hood which is a feature wall of the kitchen now...


There you have it!  Our little, but full of character, kitchen.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends!
Both of my "college boys" will be home tomorrow !
Have a great week end!



Please be sure to stop by the rest of the kitchens in ROOMSPIRATION at:





10 comments:

Lorrie said...

Have a wonderful weekend with your boys. Happy Thanksgiving, Dawna!

InMyOwnStyle said...

Hi Dawna-

I do love white kitchens and yours is divine! I did mine 9 years ago and it is ready for a little tweak or two. Mostly updating the brass fixtures and pulls. Yours looks so modern and fresh.

I am from the states, but it looks like it is a holiday in your neck of the woods. Enjoy!

Marci said...

Cheers to more great Canadian bloggers. You have created a beautiful kitchen. I love the feature wall you created with your hood fan. It is beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving.

camp and cottage living said...

OMG-nope, I would never complain if I had a beautiful kitchen like yours!
I love the fall vignette too!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Gina said...

Your kitchen is so beautiful! Definitely one of my favorites. I have a question. Are you happy with the dark countertops?

Unknown said...

New to your blog and happy to have found it. Your description of the country pulled me in ... that and the awesome kitchen. Beautiful! Will be back again for sure.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your kitchen is beautiful! I love, love, love it!!
Penny

Debbiedoos said...

Your kitchen is so gorgeous Dawna! You really did a great job with your autumn displays.

Roeshel said...

Dawna! Your kitchen is gorgeous! An amazing transformation. I'd never want to change a thing either! Great job! Love the warm and inviting touches of Fall too! :)

Thanks so much for sharing your kitchen in the Roomspiration party!

Roeshel

Kip Whitehead said...

Your kitchen looks so neat and full of character. In a small kitchen, there’s a thin line between cozy and cramped. I like that you didn’t crowd it with too much details. The art photos and hanging lamps were just right; it doesn’t make the room boring and lifeless.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...