Thursday, June 12, 2014

The fireplace before n after with some of the ways I have styled it.....

I am so pleased with how our fireplace area turned out!  and while I am finishing up the guest room, I thought I would get this posted as well.  The person our son is working for did the work for us.  We had a quad he wanted to purchase and then asked how we would like payment....we could exchange for a "work project" !  I was quick to suggest we have him finish the fireplace mantel for us and it would save Darrell some frustration as he says he is not the best finishing carpentar!

Here is what the room looked like the first time we saw the inside of the house...






During renos
All that tile was a job in itself to remove!!




Painters tape makes a good fireplace plan,,,don't you think!
We usually just "wing it" with our plans  :)
2013


Lets just remove the window
The man behind all the work!


Thankfully there is always an "AFTER" when you are a DIYer

Here are a few different displays I have done with our fireplace:


 Spring 2014











Thanks for stopping by.
Linking to:













6 comments:

Vee said...

Those are big, beautiful changes. They're so big that I would not have even thought them possible! Great job!!

Pamela Gordon said...

Wow, I'd never know it was the same room! The mantle/fireplace looks beautiful. I can't imagine having to chip away at all that ceramic tile! What a job.

Amy at love made my home said...

Wow, what a massive job! It looks really great though!! xx

sweetvintageofmine said...

What a beautiful new look! It is gorgeous.....love it! Love the gray and I love how you wing it~~~looks like how I get visuals too! Blessings~~~Roxie

Judy said...

You are great DIY'ers! Big project...beautiful results!

Lorrie said...

Wonderful changes representing a lot of work. Chipping out tile isn't easy. I do love the new look, so fresh and clean.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...