Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sunny days are fading....

Feels like autumn days are around the corner here in Alberta.  It is the middle of September, the days are getting shorter, the combines are busy bringing in the crops, and the air has a little bit of a crispness to it.  I love this time of year actually.

Darrell and I went on an overnighter to Red Deer this past week end.  Our first week end as empty nesters...that is just too strange to me!!  Being empty nesters I mean!  No schedule, no hurry, it was a relaxing day.  Mocha Moolattes at Dairy Queen are my new favorite drink!!

We stopped to look at a sweet Corvette convertible that was for sale and parked in someones yard.  Darrell chatted with the owner about the car and I couldn't help but get a shot of the beautiful sunflowers in the yard!
The light was really good on this beautiful bloom.


Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers.



Playing around with some editing in Picnik...


Oh...Darrell is still dreaming about the Corvette!!

Linking to :

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Love these shots! The sunflower contrasting with the sky is stunning. Your edit has such a great feel to it. Thank you for sharing!

alicia said...

Beautiful shots! Thanks for stopping by and linking up!

Behind Margery's Daw! said...

Sunflowers are just a burst of happiness in the garden. And yes, there is something very strange going away without worrying about children. You can come and go as you please, eat when you want, change plans at the last minute ..... bliss!! My youngest is off on an overnight school trip in two weeks so me and hubby are making the most of it and are off to London for the day to go around the museums and go and sit in Convent Garden for lunch. I can't wait!!!

Pamela Gordon said...

Hi Dawna, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love your sunflower photos. I don't thing there is anything prettier in the late summer than bright yellow sunflowers against a blue sky! How is the empty nest feeling? It looks like you've found some freedom to take a weekend getaway. lol Have a great day. Blessings, Pamela

Gina said...

Beautiful photos of the sunflowers! They look so real, I feel like I can reach through the screen & touch them.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What beautiful photos! Thanks for visiting my blog...

Susan said...

Oh my...what stunning pictures!!

Great job♥

Pondside said...

The sunflowers look like they've been taken from a painting. Beautiful!

Carrie said...

Beautiful. Isn't that sky amazing against that bright yellow sunflower? Saw your link at 3 Boybarians. And now I'm craving DQ...

Gina Kleinworth said...

Oh those are so lovely- I just love sunflowers!

Kara said...

love the crop and the colors! beautiful.

Sherrie said...

gorgeous! What beautiful images!

Ida said...

Fabulous just fabulous sunflower photo's.

Traci Michele said...

Beautiful EDIT!

i'm doing a Monday Blog Hop for posting your favorite picture... check it out if you'd like... I would love to have you. Traci

http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2011/09/capturing-beauty.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...