Tuesday, February 18, 2014

It all started with a coffee machine....

Thought I would show you our latest corner that we got finished up in the past few weeks.  We received a Keurig coffee .... even though I have a huge island, I don't have alot of extra cupboard space beside the stove area in our kitchen.  However,,,,we did have this wall that needed a little somethin!


Here is the before, the first time we saw inside the house.
Note the fan, the tile and carpet, the solid white door...



Here's the after, taken from the same spot.
No more fan, continuous flooring, a bright patio door window,
and a handy little coffee station!


Here are the details:

We were wanting to use another old door and a cupboard that we had.
Things just weren't working out as planned with our idea, and the little cupboard
was a wee bit short, and it wasn't looking quite right and needed some major 
tweaking....here is a bit of a blurry picture!


So, Darrell and I were on a mission to find the right cupboard.
And we found just the right one at the Brick...Solid wood, interesting handles, 
and just the right amount of distressing! Even came with some baskets
but I knew I would just use the shelves.   Bonus!


I also wanted some kind of shelf and hooks to hang coffee mugs from.
I picked up a cupboard door panel from the ReStore, painted it and hung a
row of hooks that I found at Target. 





  The little shelf unit above was from
Winners.  It was damaged, but I knew we could fix it with a little bit of glue.
I also turned the cupboard upside down,,,so I would have the little shelf on the
top.  This will be fun to decorate for different seasons!


A quick Iphone picture sent off to Darrell to see if he thought it would be fixable!  
Whatever did we do without cell phones!!  I hate em and I love em!!







And what is a cuppa coffee without some yummy dessert!!



Thanks for stoppin by the country today...









Sharing at:

Farmgirl Friday

9 comments:

Gina said...

It all looks beautiful, Dawna! Love seeing the light streaming in from the patio door.

Amy at love made my home said...

What a lovely little spot for your coffee, and it makes a lovely scene as you walk in. It was nice before, but now it is really really nice!! xx

Donna@anangloinquébec said...

WOW..I kept scrolling between the before and after images because the transformation is remarkable. I love it. The flooring, the cupboard, the new door... it really goes to show how continuity such as we see in your flooring can really unify a space. Of course the lighting coming in the door is amazing as well. Great job Dawna.

Lorrie said...

Such a great transformation. It's worth waiting for just the right piece. Would love to share coffee (tea) with you.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a perfect place! I love that you have a coffee station. Our coffee pot sits on our kitchen counter and I could use the extra space. I love that you laid the floors on a diagonal.

thistlewoodfarm said...

I love that door! What a fun addition to your space! I need a Keurig!

Happy day to you friend!
karianne

Decor To Adore said...

Oh this is the best makeover I have seen in awhile.

Bravo!

Have a lovely week.

Deb Hrabik said...

Nice to meet you Dawna! What a great grouping.
New follower here,
Deb@LakeGirlPaints

Pat said...

Dawna,
This is a perfect spot for a Coffee Station!!!
I adore your title!!!
Our 2015 Kitchen renewal began with a salt and pepper set from Christmas!!!
Thank you for sharing!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...