Sunday, May 29, 2011

Yeahhhh it felt like summer may be around the corner...FINALLY!

Well, I had a great day in my yard!  Finally got some plants purchased, some beds cleaned out, some plants moved and swatted lots of mosquitoes!!  YIKES they are hungry little guys.  There were a few times I was hopping around the yard and swattin like crazy!

My Mosaic Monday post includes some of the pretty shades of purple I have seen in the past two weeks...



This little table sits just outside our back door...I have some ideas for it, so stay tuned


Before planting


A few trays of flowers to plant..


Always love this happy bloom.





Pansies are one of my favorite annuals..the colors are so pretty and I always 
think of my friend Joanne when I plant them  :)



We have an "outside room" area on the east side of our house.  It is one of our favorite spots complete with a fireplace made from all our field rocks.  I wonder how many rocks I have moved into this yard for borders, tree beds, etc!  I was feeling a little overwhelmed with our big yard today and wondered what it is like to have a "town yard" as I call them.  So, instead of feeling overwhelmed and like there was just too much to attend to, I focused on one bed at a time.

Now, as I sit at the computer  I am ready to get to bed!!  My body aches a little, and I think I got a little sun on my shoulders.  It was a good day though!  Ended with a bbq steak, some fried potatoes and some steamed asparagus!  YUM..oh and 2 cookies and a cuppa hot chocolate :)

I will post some after pics later on this summer when things fill in a little bit.  Gardening on the prairies is such a challenge,,,,,I envy some of the beautiful gardens I see that look like they just grow and grow!  Oh well,,, we prairie dwellers are hardy with a capital "H".  Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

Gina said...

Your blooms are beautiful! Nothing like that vibrant burst of color to put a smile on my face.

Lorrie said...

Prairie gardens are beautiful because they reflect so much effort and time. I hope you slept well and feel raring to go today. Love all the purple. Isn't it wonderful that things are starting to bloom?

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Beautiful!!! Love all the photos!!! Have a beautiful week!!!

Lori E said...

Very pretty purples. Oh now you have me craving a steak, potatoes and asparagus. One of our favorite meals for sure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...