Saturday, December 7, 2013

Happy December and Holiday Decorating

Its beginning to look alot like Christmas!!  I have had fun finding new places for my decorations,,,,last year at this time we were in a major reno stage.  I think this year, even though there are a few things to finish up with the reno, I am making the place like "home"

A new "winter" look for the ladder!  Its a bit of a challenge finding items that will fit on the skinny little shelves.  My neighbour came down for some hot chocolate and she helped me with hanging the snowflakes .



I love the shadows the snowflakes make on the wall.





Items from the dollar store are just the right size.





The calendar is filling up with some Christmas parties and we are looking forward to having people in for a few meals over the next month.  Had lots of fun at my neighbors cookie exchange this past week as well.  It is coooolddd here in Alberta, so I have enjoyed being inside, baking, decorating and drinking some hot chocolate as I have a look around blogland and what you all have been up to.

Have a great week end everyone!!

Linking to :



10 comments:

Meggie said...

What a clever way to display the snowflakes...love the tiny nutcracker, too!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I just love that ladder!

Pamela Gordon said...

Your ladder decor is really cute, Dawna. That would be a tricky area to decorate but I think you found some sweet things for it and I like the snowflakes. We had a busy weekend, well I did, with two concerts that I sang in. Next weekend, hubby is playing keyboard in two different concerts and I'm singing in one, so another very busy weekend. Lots of practising this week too. After that we can relax and enjoy the season. :)

sweetvintageofmine said...

Very creative idea with that ladder!! I love the blue as well! I will be praying for your son, and I'm glad the verse spoke to you. I have an only child, a son, who is 22 yrs. old. I plead the blood of Jesus daily in his life. Please let me know, if I can pray in any special way....Be strong and give it to the Lord...Blessings and prayers for you too~~~Roxie

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos!...and by the way, WONDERFUL header! Love it! I've enjoyed browsing through your site...I'll visit often.

eileeninmd said...

I love your cute ladder idea, it looks wonderful all decorated. And the snowflakes are adorable. The cookie exchange sounds yummy fun! Have a happy week!

Lorrie said...

The ladder display is brilliant. Love the snowflakes. It's cold here, too (although not nearly like at your place) and I'm enjoying hot drinks and cozy sweaters.

Unknown said...

What a FABULOUS use of a ladder. I just love it!

- Tasha @ Designer Trapped in a Lawyer's Body

Judy said...

Beautiful! I love the ladder idea.

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

The Snowflakes are lovely.
Laura
Harvest Lane Cottage

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...