Thursday, November 5, 2015

Dreaming and Planning....Guesthouse 71

Well, today I took our permit application to Cypress County for building a small guesthouse on our property here!!  Yep...its the first step to another opportunity to get involved in the tourism and hospitality industry...one that we both enjoyed while operating That Country Place on our previous farmyard.

Since we live on Range Rd 71,  the name "Guesthouse 71" seems to be a favorite name for this new venture. Of course, I am putting the guesthouse way before the guests...but one can dream and plan.

Here are a few of my inspiration pictures, of course all are taken from Pinterest.


Just a simple exterior with a farmhouse country feel



A loft would be a good option to accomodate a few more people


Open shelving for above the sink and mini fridge area


I love subway tile and the rough shelving


Wide planked floors, and a fireplace make this area cozy


Love this moulding



 This would be interesting for the bathroom


Don't want it to be too feminine, so some industrial farmhouse
would be a good idea.




 Inspiration for the day.

Today is my big birthday...can't believe that I am turning the big 50
Wonder what year 50 will hold for me?

Thanks for stoppin by the country today.






10 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

Happy 50th birthday! I hope you get to celebrate with family and friends for this one. I love your ideas for your guesthouse especially the Craftsman style of the front porch. Love that!! Good luck with it all. I can't wait to see what you do.
Blessings,
Pam

Connie said...

That small guest house is beautiful . . . you have some lovely dreams to think about here. I absolutely love the post you did about lunch in the hay loft. That was perfectly charming.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

How exciting! I just love all your pinterest ideas, and the collage you did for Guesthouse 21 is awesome! The front porch on the little guest home is just darling, along with the loft! I also loved the idea of the open shelving too. So many wonderful ideas, it will be a fun adventure for sure! May the Lord bless all you plan to do :)

Lorrie said...

Happy 50th! You look great! What a fun project to contemplate building. A guesthouse will be so much fun to plan. Love the inspiration photos you've shown us.

Amy at love made my home said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a great time! Your new guesthouse venture sounds very exciting, I hope that it all goes really well and that you enjoy it! xx

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Loving your inspiration! Best wishes for your new venture. Thanks for popping by today with your sweet words!

Vee said...

Happy Birthday, Dawna! I'm sure that your 50th year will bring all good things. Life begins at 50 these days, right?!

This guest house looks like a fun project and I enjoyed seeing all the inspiration photos.

Decor To Adore said...

Love, love, love it all! Let me know when reservations open. :)

Have a wonderful week.

kathy b said...

HI!!!! Happy Birthday . !!! we are Christmas card swappers!
Im HUCKMOM on Ravelry. Please send me your address in a Ravelry message.
Love your blog

Toni said...

I'm can't seem to figure out where or how to sign up to receive your blog posts. I love your style, photo's and home. Can you help me out?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...